Promotions Coordinator (Full Time)
About The Asheville Radio Group
The Asheville Radio Group is a subsidiary of Saga Communications, Inc. and is comprised of Mix 96.5, The Mountain 105.9, The River 98.1, Rewind 100.3 and ESPN Radio 1310 & 970 in Asheville, NC. Saga Communications, Inc. is a broadcast company whose business is primarily devoted to acquiring, developing and operating radio stations, television stations and state radio networks and currently owns or operates broadcast properties in 26 markets across the United States.
About this Job
The Asheville Radio Group is looking for a qualified candidate in the Promotions Department which supports the events and “street” presence of all five aforementioned radio stations. The Promotions Coordinator will report to the Events and Promotions Director and be responsible to assist the Director in managing station and client events and promotions, directing station ticket giveaways and concert proposals, and supporting the Brand Managers and Interactive Marketing Coordinator with station websites and social media.
Position would start late September/early October.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Promotions: writing and submitting concert ticket proposals for all stations and managing the flow of ticket giveaways from inception to execution. This will involve Promotions, Sales and Programming input and will require data entry into online shared promotional programs
• Promotions: interfacing with clients with regards to set up and logistics for major station events and managing client needs with regard to event materials
• Promotions: assist Promotions Director in writing press releases and updating media contact lists
• Promotions: assist Promotions Director with establishing and maintaining critical paths for events
• Promotions: training of new Promotions Techs and Interns and attending job fairs for recruitment
• Promotions: maintaining and updating information for colleges and universities for intern recruitment
• Promotions: taking notes at weekly promotions meetings, organizing them and sending to all staff
• Promotions: support station promotions with social media posts & monitoring
• Promotions: creating promotional recaps for major station events/promotions
• Interactive: setting up listener contests via mobile (text) platform and online through our websites
• Interactive: update/maintain online events calendar
• Interactive: upload/edit photos from concerts, events, promotions
• Interactive: create and send out weekly station eblasts
• Other promotional responsibilities as needed
• Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills with a keen attention to detail
• Must be highly organized with the ability to anticipate upcoming department needs and problem solve independently
• Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
• Flexibility –this position is typically Monday – Friday, but weekends and holidays will be required
• Adept at social media applications
• Previous broadcast experience
• Previous events and promotions experience
• Experience with WordPress, PromoSuite, Adobe Photoshop
• Experience in management and/or training roles
Submit cover letter and resume, no phone calls please, to Nikki Mitchell, Events and Promotions Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Marketing Consultant
Asheville Radio Group (WTMT, The Mountain, WOXL, The Mix, WOXL-HD2, The River, WISE/WYSE, ESPN Radio) is looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who would like to start a new career in the exciting field of radio advertising sales. If the best training in the industry is what you expect, then Asheville Radio Group is for you. If you like to help business owners grow their business and want to make good money, we are looking for you! Our marketing consultants need to possess a dynamic personality and be sales focused. You must be a self-starter, and must be willing to learn and grow daily! The position offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation and a 401K plan. Asheville Radio Group is owned by Saga Communications, a leading broadcast company with broadcast properties in 26 markets.
Email resume to:
Bruce Law – Market Manager
Promotions Assistant (Part Time)
The Asheville Radio Group is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill openings in the Promotions Department which supports the events and “street” presence of all four aforementioned radio stations and will be responsible to assist in executing large scale station events and client oriented promotions. If you want to break into the fast-paced world of events & marketing, this job may be for you! Ideal candidates will be responsible, outgoing and organized with the ability to manage time and priorities on your own. You will be performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. You must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability and desire to interface with the public, our listeners and clients. You must have the desire and ability to work an average of 15-25 hours a week. Nights, weekends and holidays WILL be required. Interested candidates should send an email to Nikki Mitchell at email@example.com.
Website Recruitment Alert
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to jobseekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for WOXL, WTMT, WOXL HD2, or WISE please contact our Human Resources department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Human Resource Department, Asheville Radio Group, 1190 Patton Ave., Asheville, NC 28806. Please include the name of your organization, contact name and phone number, mailing address and e-mail address. Also please identify the type of notices that would be of interest to the individuals you are seeking to serve.
It is the policy of WOXL, WTMT, WOXL HD2 or WISE to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.