So you think you have what it takes to join the Asheville Radio Group roster? Here are a few positions we’d like to fill to enhance our team.
Part-Time / Full-time – Asheville Radio Group, Asheville, NC
The Asheville Radio Group is looking for qualified candidate(s) in the Events & Promotions Departments, which support the internal and external presence of all aforementioned radio stations. The position(s) will assist in managing station and client events and promotions, directing station giveaways and concert proposals, and supporting the Interactive Department with station websites and social media.
Responsibilities May Include (but not limited to):
- Promotions: writing, submitting, and executing proposals for on-air / on-line giveaways for all stations
- Promotions: set up, manage, and tear down ARG tents & other on-site equipment used for events
- Promotions: interfacing with listeners with regards to contest giveaways and promotions
- Promotions: interfacing with clients regarding set-up and logistics for major station events
- Promotions: assist in writing press releases and updating media contact lists
- Promotions: assist with establishing and maintaining critical paths for events
- Promotions: training of new Promotions Techs and Interns and attending job fairs for recruitment
- Promotions: maintaining and updating information for colleges and universities for intern recruitment
- Promotions: taking notes at weekly promotions meetings, organizing them and sending to all staff
- Interactive: setting up listener contests through our websites and social media
- Interactive: update/maintain online concert calendars
- Interactive: update/maintain online events calendar
- Interactive: upload/edit photos from concerts, events, promotions
- Interactive: assist Interactive Coordinator on social media updates
- Interactive: assist Interactive Coordinator with weekly station eblasts
- Other promotional responsibilities as needed
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Must have keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – requires working some weekends / holidays with flex time given during off-peak times
- Adept at social media applications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Previous broadcast experience
- Previous events and promotions experience
- Experience with WordPress, PromoSuite, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in management and/or training roles
Submit cover letter and resume and any pertinent information, no phone calls please, to Chris Hoffman – VP/GM email@example.com.
Advertising Marketing Consultant
While we do not currently have any openings in our sales department, we’re always looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who may be interested in learning about future opportunities in the exciting field of radio advertising sales. Our first class sales team knows what it takes to help local businesses grow. Our marketing consultants have dynamic personalities and are sales focused while always leading with creative ideas. Our sales positions offer excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation and a 401K plan. Asheville Radio Group is owned by Saga Communications, a leading broadcast company with broadcast properties in 26 markets.
Email resume to:
Chris Hoffman – Director Of Sales
Promotions Assistant (Part Time)
Asheville Radio Group is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill openings in the Promotions Department which supports the events and “street” presence of all four aforementioned radio stations and will be responsible to assist in executing large scale station events and client oriented promotions. If you want to break into the fast-paced world of events & marketing, this job may be for you! Ideal candidates will be responsible, outgoing and organized with the ability to manage time and priorities on your own. You will be performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. You must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability and desire to interface with the public, our listeners and clients. You must have the desire and ability to work an average of 15-25 hours a week. Nights, weekends and holidays WILL be required. Interested candidates should send an email to Rhianna Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship (Part Time)
Asheville Radio Group offers PAID internships for juniors and seniors who are genuinely interested in broadcasting and marketing in the radio industry. We require that students be enrolled in a college or university internship program with a course advisor. Our internships are designed as “Job Shadow” Intensive Internships. The goal of the internship is to provide a real world work experience and more project focused over the course of the internship period. The selected individual will learn real life responsibilities and skills specific to the department he or she is working in. This opportunity is available in spring, summer and fall semesters in each of following departments:
• Promotions & Events – Assisting in the promotions department with live broadcasts, contests both off-air & on-air, large scale event execution and implementation.
• Programming (On-Air) – Assisting the program director with show preparation, research or follow-through for specific on-air programming as well as board operations.
• Interactive/Graphic Design – Assisting in production of digital assets for clients and station brands, social media applications, and website content development.
• Radio Sales & Marketing – Assisting in the sales and marketing department to develop marketing strategies for clients and learn concepts behind radio sales.
Interested candidates should send an email to Neal Sharpe at email@example.com
Website Recruitment Alert
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to jobseekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices, please contact our Human Resources department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Human Resource Department, Asheville Radio Group, 1190 Patton Ave., Asheville, NC 28806. Please include the name of your organization, contact name and phone number, mailing address and e-mail address. Also please identify the type of notices that would be of interest to the individuals you are seeking to serve.
It is the policy of Asheville Radio Group to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.